Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties as outlined on service orders and discuss status with Advisors.
- Maintain vehicle records by documenting work completed, vehicle status, billed and actual times, estimates for recommendations and future detail requirements into the DMS system.
- Remain abreast of automotive cleaning and protection products.
- Achieving and maintaining CSI above regional/target averages.
- Communicate effectively, professionally with Service and Parts staff.
- Assist colleagues upon request.
- Assist in housekeeping of the shop, storage of tools and equipment.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies and performing preventative maintenance and notifying Service Management of equipment condition.
- Comply with dealership, manufacturer policies, along with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, health and safety.
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Must posses a thorough knowledge of technical repairs and procedures
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean drivers abstract
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
To arrange a confidential interview please submit a resume and most recent transcript.
Job Type: Full-time
HOW DO I APPLY?