Automotive Technician | Cochrane, AB
Due to continued growth, Cochrane GM requires an experienced Automotive technician. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for conducting routine service on vehicles and for diagnosing and completing repairs on customer vehicles.
- The most up-to-date person in the dealership with regard to the technical aspects of vehicles.
- Works closely with the Parts Department and the Service Consultants.
- Uses the computer to determine how long a given repair or service will take and keeps the Service Consultant or Manager abreast of repair progress so that additional work may be scheduled.
- A good communicator, immediately telling the Service Consultant and Parts Department if a part needs to be ordered and asking for clarification if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect.
- Capable of correctly performing complicated repair sequences according to established procedures.
- Knows the shop area and the availability of special tools that might be needed.
- Detail-oriented & writes on the work order the repairs completed, the parts required, & the labour to be charged.
- Documents any other vehicle problems that were noted during servicing.
- Should be capable of working independently, managing his or her time and work flow.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision car
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Automotive Technician: 3 years (required)
Driver's License (required)